Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Things blooming 1st week of June






Here are a few of the flowers in bloom in the garden. Been busy getting ready for the garden tour among other things. The first is a Hardy Geranium in the Rain Garden, not sure the name of the Hosta in the shade garden. Then there is the cone flower that is native to the Midwest. I really like the way the petal curve down. And last is one of my lillies. Five years ago when I had built my first flower bed and was trying to fill it with plants one of the local nurseries had grab bags of lilies real cheap. Since they were cheap and I was trying to make the flower bed look fuller I snatched up a couple. So needless to say, I have no ideal what kind of lilies they might be.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Wow! The Plants look great. I can't believe your longiflorum lillies are in bloom already. Good luck with the garden tour. They can be alot of work, but also great fun.
All the best, Bob

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Thanks Bob! I hope to have fun.