Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Flower Show

Do you ever wonder how some people do it? You know stay organized and they seem to be involved with everything. Well here is an event I missed. It was our garden club's first annual flower show. The club with the help of one of the shopping centers put it together. I had put it on the back burner since our garden was on the garden tour this year. I just figured I would worry about it after the tour was over. I couldn't think of two big things at one time. Well the tour came and went and when I was recovering from that I was thinking, I'm sure there is something else I need to be doing. Then last weekend we were at a friend's party and one of the other guests who belong to the same club was talking about her entries at the flower show. I thought that is what I should have been doing.





I guess it is my own fault. I never even put it on the calendar at home. Ok, now I will make excuses. The calendar gets so full of different things that it is hard to just focus on one date. When I look at the calendar it can be so over whelming. There is usually a couple things several days a week. There are birthday, anniversary's, Dr appointments(for us and some family members so I can remember to call to see how it went), friends coming into town or out of town, vacations and the list goes on and on. It is hard to look at just one day and remember that day. Oh well I just need to except that I missed it and go on and try and get better at writing the stuff on the calendar. I heard there were a lot of entries, so that easies the guilt about not participating in the club's activities.





The first picture is of the over all winner. I need to thank Vicki for being there and taking some pictures. She emailed these to me and said she didn't send me hers because she didn't want it to end up on my garden blog. So Vicki you were right that is where it would have ended up.


4 comments:

Sylvana said...

At some point you just have to accept the fact that you can only do so much. I always have too much going on and inevitably I miss somethings - sometimes things I really wanted to do. But, I always try to remember all the other things that I accomplished instead.

There is always next year!!

Bob said...

Cliff, You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. As I always say, "don't put yourself down, let your friends do it" :) this is busy time for many.
Enjoy it.
All the best, BOB

Dirty Fingernails said...

I always forget stuff. I have to have it tattooed on me to remember.. I can see why you wanted to attend.

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement. It is great to have such nice friends like you all!!