Saturday, July 21, 2007

Clearing Brush

I took Friday as a vacation day so Scott and I could go to his lake lot and see how bad the brush had grown up since last fall when we had 3/4ths of it cleared off. Well, it looked worse than what I thought it would. We didn't get on the road as soon as we should have so we didn't get as much done as I would have liked.

This was taken before we started clearing. It was taken from about a 3rd of the way down the lot looking back to the road.



Here is the after picture.





The section that we cleared is where Scott's parents would pull their camper or pitch a tent.
Scott wants to get a tent and go down for the weekend?!? You know I grew up on a farm so I know the outdoors and am not afraid of a little hard work, but I always had a soft bed with a shingled roof over my head. This laying on the ground in a tent I am not so sure about.

To me camping is like staying at the Holiday Inn but Mound City doesn't have a Holiday Inn much less any other hotel/motel.

The last two are looking into the lot from the road. I didn't get any pictures of the before so you will just have to imagine what it looked like.













This last one is a patch of wild flowers I didn't use the weedeater on. They are just getting ready to bloom so I thought it would be a good ideal to leave them. If we make it down while they are blooming I will try and get a picture of them then.

7 comments:

Bob said...

What a lot of work. My back feels sore just looking at it. I agree with you about camping. Love the outdoors, but it's really nice to have a something to sleep on and running water.

BOB :)

Andrea's Garden said...

You are back to the "world". :-) I completely understand. Sleeping in a tent on the ground is not my type of a vacation. Give me a nice size RV and I will go on vacation anytime. :-) Looked like a lot of work, Andrea

Unknown said...

I know it is a lot of work, but from where I sit in the MS Delta, it looks beautiful! See you soon. Jane

Bob said...

Cliff, I just updated my blog and put your blog as a link. I enjoy your blog and wanted to share it. Hope you don't mind. Plus family has to stick together :)

All the best, BOB

LostRoses said...

I cut back a bunch of overgrown bushes on my fence lines and that about killed me. I don't envy you the job of clearing all that out!

As for the camping, I tried it once and ended up sleeping in the car. Yeah, Holiday Inn for sure!

KC MO Garden Guy said...

It is unanimous camping is out of the question!!! Well I will probable try it once more in a tent to see how it goes. Thanks for all the support you guy/gals. Thanks Bob for adding me as a link. You are correct that family needs to stick together!!

Dirty Fingernails said...

hey when your done there, how about coming and helping me down by my creek.??