Friday, July 27, 2007

Don't take time for granted!!


This post today is dedicated to Linda, a lady in the neighborhood who was killed Monday in a car accident. You might think, "Oh that is so sad that Cliff lost a good friend.", but I did not know Linda very well. I didn’t know her likes or dislikes, the number of children she had or where she grew up. What I did know about her was that she was a very soft spoken lady who was always very kind and congenial when you saw her. She seemed to radiate kindness or give off a vibe of kindness.
I think the other thing that has gotten to me is how sudden her death was. It is making me take stock of what is around me and what is important. No one on their deathbed is going to say, “I wish I had a few more hours to spend at work”!!



As I saw on someone’s blog recently, “Live for the moment, plan for eternity”. To me these are words to live by.

7 comments:

Andrea's Garden said...

You are so right! That was Gisela's blog where you've read that statement. It kind of stuck with me as well. Quite often we think and say "There's time for that tomorrow". During my recent illness I was confronted with the fact that I was very lucky and it could've been much worse. It was most shocking since we always believe it happens to others. Therefore, I've concluded for myself to make an effort to enjoy life and those around me, be kind and lend a helping hand whenever I can. Usually, I am not the most spontaneous person and tend to "think too much". Those spontaneous are often times those which bring the greatest memories.

MrBrownThumb said...

Sorry for your loss and thanks for the inspirational message that we should all take to heart.

Bob said...

Cliff, Thought is perfect that you have a photo of a rose. Because It's very important to always "take the time to smell the roses", of which we all forget to do. Life is about all about the journey not the destination. Thank you for the gentle reminder.

Carpe Deim!
Take care, BOB

LostRoses said...

A sudden death like that does give you a wake-up call, doesn't it? It seems so random and that's a bit frightening. Yes, as Bob said, stop and smell the roses!

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Thank you all for your kind remarks.

Dirty Fingernails said...

Wonderful tribute!!Like Bob said , the rose is perfect..

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Lovely tribute to a lady who has passed away. It is frightening when something like this happens. Makes you realise how fragile life really is.

Take care! I'm off to smell my roses. ;-)