Wednesday, September 12, 2007

recent purchased


I have no ideal where the urns will go. I am working on the northside of the house now. Putting in some steps and will have a couple of retaining walls and a sitting area. Not sure when all that will be done but I think I might incorporate them there. Will see, I reserve the right to change my mind at least several times!!

The leaf bird bath has found a home under the Jones rose bush. I think it was made to be used in side the house. After a day or two the water is all rusty. Not sure that there is anything I can do about that but I like the looks of it anyway.


6 comments:

Laurie and Chris said...

I wonder if you could put a clear waterproff sealer on it that wouldn't hurt the birds? I love the look of it !

Bob said...

Cliff, the waterproff sealer may work or it may just take a while for the paint to leach out some, either way it's a nice piece. The urns always look good actually place in a garden bed with one structual plant in them, like a orb or conical shape boxwood or yew. If you use the same type and shape of plant in each urn it can really solidify a landscape and add continuity. Or you can place them in a bed with one type of annual that you change out a few times a years. There is lots you can do with them. If you like the mixed urn look to place on a deck or entrance go to provenwinners.com. It's a great company that I buy from that always has attractive combinations for container gardening. Hope the info helps. All the best to you cliff, Take care, BOB

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Laurie, thanks for the suggestion.

Bob, Thanks for all the ideals on how to use the urns. I like the ideal of the boxwood or yew but don't know how well they would over winter here in the container?
Have a good weekend Bob!! Cliff

LostRoses said...

I like all your purchases, Cliff. There's many times I'm not sure how or where I'm going to use something in the garden but it usually works out in the end!

Andrea's Garden said...

Cliff, rusty things are in! I am a fan of them. I doubt the birds will sit in that low anyhow (cats, dogs.. you know..). I have got a high rusty birdbath where the rust is not deposited into the water anymore. Maybe it just takes a while. /Andrea

lisa said...

I'm with Bob! White Flower Farm's catalog has lots of cool annual combos in their catalog, too. In the Forestfarm catalog, they have a boxwood that's listed as hardy to zone 4, I bet that would survive in an urn!