Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lake of the Ozarks


This last weekend Scott and I were invited by another couple down to the Lake of the Ozarks. We stayed in a small cove where their parents have a house on the lake. It was cool and overcast most of the weekend. It was too cold to be in the water but not that cold to ride in the boat and the jet sky. This was the first time on a jet sky for both of us. Jane don’t worry we had life vests on the whole time we were on the water. Since I don’t know how to swim I wouldn’t go out without one!




The first three pictures are of two different plants that I haven’t seen growing around here or back where I grew up. Not sure what they are but looked interesting.
As you can see by the first picture, they grow where not many other plants will. It was very rocky and I am sure the soil is very poor where they are at.




















This is the baby Butch. I don't think he really liked the boat ride but didn't want to be left behind. Our friends were so nice to let us bring Butch along. I feel that is a true friend when they include your dog. They have a dog, that is him in the next picture. He is cute and adorable but has a big dog attatude. He trys to control Butch but Butch just ignores him.






This is Tigger.













The next couple pictures were taken when we were on the boat going up and down the lake.
What you see closet in this picture is an island in the lake. I thought that was interesting.










As you can see a few trees are starting to change colors.











You wouldn't catch me doing this!!!!




6 comments:

Andrea's Garden said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Take care, Andrea

Bob said...

Glad You and Scott had a little getaway. I don't know what the yellow daisy type flower is but it looks like a type of rubeckia. The others looks like Allium stellatum. Hope this helps.
All the best to you, BOB
p.s. love the picture of your dog. Made me smile :)

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Thanks Andrea, it was a great weekend.

Bob, thanks for the infromation and glad I could make you smile. We all need that from time to time.
Cliff

Phillip Oliver said...

The river scenes look very much like our Tennessee River here (which is just down the road from me). I haven't noticed much color change on the trees yet though. Looks like fun!

David (Snappy) said...

Looks like you had a good time.Enjoy your weekend!I like the wild flower photos you took.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Looks like you had a good time! And I agree a true friend will let you bring your dog :). I bet Butch was happy he got to go along as well.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I would love to have you link to it and I will do the same.